Re: [Evolution] Left over Flatpak processes

...and after shutdown:
$ ps -ef | grep evolution
me  2587     1  0 17:53 ?        00:00:00 /usr/libexec/flatpak-bwrap --
args 33 evolution
me  2715  2587  0 17:53 ?        00:00:00 /app/libexec/evolution-
source-registry
me  2985  2587  0 17:53 ?        00:00:00 /app/libexec/evolution-
addressbook-factory -r
me  3150  2587  0 17:53 ?        00:00:00 /app/libexec/evolution-data-
server/evolution-alarm-notify

So far, when killing these processes (via 'flatpak kill
org.gnome.Evolution') and restarting Evolution, I have not had any
problems show up. I guess the question is: should I be concerned about
this? If you think this is a Flatpak-related problem, then I'll post on
their list.

I don't know anything about flatpak and how it's supposed to work, but
those evolution processes are left because they are potentially used by
other parts of the Gnome system. Whether it is appropriate, or
sensible, to leave them running in a flatpak environment is another
matter; but they are left running normally.

There's no problem killing them: evolution will just start new ones
when necessary.

A question though, if you restart flatpak evolution without killing
those processes, does it re-use those same registry/factory processes
or does it start new ones? If the latter, then they should die along
with the main evolution process, otherwise you're going to end up with
possibly a load of useless processes.

P.