Re: [Evolution] Message Search without AT-SPI

On Thu, 2020-09-17 at 15:56 -0500, Greg Oliver via evolution-list
wrote:
It appears to call WebKit, which in turn uses the accessibility
interface for some reason.

        Hi,
Evolution itself doesn't call AT-SPI on its own, that would be odd. It
looks like this is done on the WebKit side, as you said, which is out
of Evolution hands. I do not see why that would block the search
though, at least the message list should change accordingly. Evo may
tell WebKit to highlight the matched word in the message body, which
may or may not be related to the AT-SPI call. I never noticed a real
difference between "Message Contains" and "Body contains", even I know
there is some.

I will not pretend to be an expert on any of it, just seems a little
weird.  I can select any other search filter (other than "message
contains") and it works with no issues.

What is your evolution version, please? There had been done some
changes in the search around 3.36.3, which had various regressions.

By the way, what does

    $ gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface toolkit-accessibility

return? If it's "true", try to turn it off with:

   $ gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface toolkit-accessibility false

There's surely a GUI option somewhere, though no idea where your
desktop environment stores it, neither which desktop environment you
use.

        Bye,
        Milan