Re: [Evolution] Spam filter not moving spam to spam folder anymore.

On Sat, 2020-10-24 at 14:07 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
On Sat, 2020-10-24 at 20:07 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sat, 2020-10-24 at 12:22 -0500, Christopher Marlow wrote:
I have a problem with the spam filter.. I use pop3 and I noticed
the
spam filter is not picking up spam and moving it to the spam
folder.

I have the bogo filter installed via YaST. I mark the messages as
spam
constantly and they continue to come to my inbox instead of the
spam
folder.

I cannot figure out why the spam filter is not working

See

https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/mail-spam-marking.html

I read that already before you even replied to me, and it didnt tell me
anything on why its not moving those emails to the spam folder after
constantly clicking THIS IS SPAM...

That's a good question for a Bogofilter forum.

 As I said I have been telling it for the last 2 months anything
chipsnali.com / net I forget which suffix it ends with, that it is bad
and to send it to spam when it comes in.

(Technically you told Bogofilter that specific emails are spam. You did
not tell Bogofilter that messages *from a specific address* are spam.)

I dont understand why by now it should understand that I dont want to
see emails from that company and to send it to the spam folder. You'd
think after a month or two of clicking THIS IS SPAM that it would learn
to not even show me those emails and to move them to the spam folder.

What do you mean EVO does not have any influence?

According to you, you are using Bogofilter for spam handling.
Identifying messages as spam is NOT performed by Evolution.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net