Re: [Evolution] Mail merge?

On Oct 9, 2020, at 8:47 AM, Reid Thompson via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org> wrote:

On Fri, 2020-10-09 at 13:17 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Sat, 2020-10-10 at 00:51 +1300, gnome via evolution-list wrote:
Never said Evolution was anything other than an email client, but I've
come to expect to see this feature in clients (or at least as a plug
in) since I've been using it often for the last 6 or 7 years.

As I said, I for one have never come across this. It definitely is not
a feature of Evolution, nor of any MUA I'm aware of. Some references to
MUAs that do support it would be useful.

My understanding of this functionality is that it allows users to create a template for a mass mail event
where values (such as recipient names and other recipient-dependent data) are substituted from a data source.
It is useful functionality; but it is a bit beyond the capabilities of “just” a MUA because it requires
knowledge of the data source.

BCC could only substitute in the most trivial of use cases.

It does seem like the sort of functionality that would be a good candidate for a plug-in.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden endoframe com>