Re: [Evolution] Can't authenticate yahoo imap

Try to log in to Yahoo Mail using their web interface (i.e., via your browser).

At first, you can check if your password is still valid.

Second, go to settings and set a so-called “App Password” for Yahoo Mail. Use that App Password for connecting Evolution to your Yahoo IMAP account then.

From: evolution-list [mailto:evolution-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Van Snyder via evolution-list
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 2:24 AM
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: [Evolution] Can't authenticate yahoo imap

I've used Evolution on various Linux distributions for years.

I have two accounts @sbcglobal.net.

Both receive mail via imap.mail.yahoo.com on port 993 using TLS.

One works fine.

Starting yesterday, the other one asks for my password, then asks again, then asks again ....

The message is "Authentication Failed IMAP server said BYE: IMAPrev4 imap.mail.yahoo.com.

I didn't update any software.

I didn't change any settings.

I only sat down at my computer and clicked on the account's "Inbox" button.

I reloaded Evolution.

I rebooted.

I changed my password.

Nothing worked.

I have evolution on three different Linux installations, from Debian, Ubuntu, and CentOS. I have the same behavior on all three computers.

What next?