Re: [Evolution] Evo 3.38.1 composer pauses

On 11/17/20 8:51 AM, Pete Biggs wrote:
Does anyone else see this? My system is not overloaded, there's nothing
taking lots of CPU or IO.  However evolution and various WebKit
processes are each taking about 80-100Gb of virtual memory. Is this
normal? (Resident memory is within normal ranges.)

Yes I've seen Evolution do that lag thing many times. Whatever goes on inside the HTML composer is not well done.

The virtual memory use is part of WebKit and is called Gigacages. It allocates huge zones of memory around compiled Javascript so that even if some bug allowed direct memory accesses, it isn't mathematically possible for it to reach sensitive data.

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil