Re: [Evolution] Drag messages from list to folder tree freezes evolution

On Thu, 2020-11-05 at 13:27 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2020-11-05 at 12:05 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
Is this related to the problems people have of dragging to a file and
creating a PDF/TXT file?

      Hi,
it's reproducible only when saving to pdf. Some desktops freeze
completely, some only kill the mouse (like for me), some may do
something else. I can Alt+Tab to a different window and eventually kill
Evolution.

I'm due to update to Fedora33 - is it fixed in there? (WebKitGTK
verson 2.30.2-1, Evolution 3.38.1)

No, it's not. Clean install may not exhibit it, because the default
export format is mbox, not pdf. There was an attempt to address this
partly, at:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/969
which has a still opened follow up:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/974

I changed the target to being mbox (it was PDF). The drag and drop now
doesn't complete, but it also now doesn't lock the desktop. I can live
with that.

Reading through the bug reports it looks like the issues with chrome
were because it always happens to be in the same screen space and the
context were getting confused.

P.