Re: [Evolution] evolution crashes when using X11 forwarding

On Thu, 2020-03-19 at 11:34 +0100, Hans-Georg Beyer wrote:
When starting evolution remotely via X11 forwarding
I obtain the following messages

        Hi,
what is the evolution version, please? Being it anything semi-recent,
what is the webkit2gtk3 version, please?

I guess the messages about libEGL are related to the WebKitGTK+ (or
clutter, depending whether Evolution was built with the clutter
support). Evolution itself doesn't use it. Maybe you'd get a similar
experience with epiphany, which also uses WebKitGTK+.

Having backtraces with debuginfo packages installed for at least
evolution and evolution-data-server would be surely helpful. The first
error tells what to do (it requires debuginfo also for gtk+ (gtk3)),
the second might be as simple as this:

   $ xvfb-run gdb evolution --ex r --ex bt --ex q

which runs evolution under gdb, prints backtrace when it stops and then
quits gdb (+/- proper placement of the xvfb-run command). Please check
the output for any private information, like passwords, email address,
server addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at least (quotes for
clarity only), before sharing it in public.

I recall a thread about remote run of Evolution being discussed here or
somewhere recently (maybe few months ago), but I cannot find it right
now.
        Bye,
        Milan