Re: [Evolution] Receipt notices being sent without asking?

On Tue, 2020-03-10 at 23:23 -0500, Japhering Anonymous wrote:

Linux 5.3.0-28-generic #30~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jan 17 06:14:09 UTC
2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have all my accounts set to "Always ask" when read reciepts are
requested. Yet, I have become aware of the fact that
Evolution is always sending a receipt without asking.

Hello Mike

What kind of server and connection are you using?
As Milan said, some servers decide to handle those on their own.

Anyone else seeing that behavior ?

For instance, I have seen seen Exchange automatically sending read
receipts when emails are *downloaded*, but only when accessed through
IMAP.

And yes, that blatantly ignores what rfc 8098 says about obtaining
user's consent...

Kind regards