Re: [Evolution] zombie mail account won't give up trying to get data from deleted mailbox

Comments in-line:

On Mon, 2020-03-09 at 14:00 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Mon, 2020-03-09 at 10:49 +0100, Dan Kortschak wrote:
I have found the reference to the UID. It appears to be in
.config/evolution/mail/state.ini. What is the best way to remove
this?

      Hi,
the state.ini file only describes what the folders, eventually the
folder tree, looked like the last time they've been entered. There
are
saved things like whether the preview panel was shown in certain
folder
and such. This file does not cause Evolution to try to talk to the
server.

Is there any .source file saved either in
~/.config/evolution/sources/
or under ~/.cache/evolution/sources/ of the name of the UID you see
in
the error message (that would be "UID.source")? Eventually, is the
UID
referenced in any .source file in either of the two directories?

.cache/evolution/mail/trash/<UID>
.cache/evolution/mail/<UID>

and a variety of .config/evolution/mail/folders/et-expanded-
folder:__<UID>_<folder> files exist.

I'm missing some details here, I'm sorry to ask so many questions:
* how did you create the mail account, directly in Evolution or
  in GNOME Online Accounts or in Ubuntu Online Accounts?

The account was created directly in Evolution.

* how did you delete the account?

I used the Delete button in the Evolution Preferences dialog.

* was evolution-source-registry restarted since you removed
  the account?

Yes, it was, the machine has been power-cycled since it was deleted.

Either the .source file still exists (or a reference to it), or the
source registry remembers it for some reason, thus it provides it
when
it is asked for mail accounts, even the file itself is already gone
from the disk. It seems like a bug in the code, though I'd need to
know
more details to not guess. I also cannot tell whether it's fixed in a
newer version, it's possible it's not.
      Thanks and bye,
      Milan

Thanks.