Re: [Evolution] Is it possible to move local to an different hd?

On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 15:45 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 16:29 +0100, mario chiari wrote:
Hi

I am running of space on my Linux machine, or better my setting is:

-- The usual Linux filesystem Mounted on / (/dev/sda2),     where Used
142.63 GiB
(95%) / Unused 7.37 GiB (5%)
-- a secondary hd, Mounted on /data (/dev/sdb1), where Used 299.66 GiB (32%)
/
Unused 631.85 (68%)

My /root/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/ is about 30GiB. Is there a way
move it under /data, and still have Evolution working fine and fast?

You will get a lot of people saying this:

Do not login and run your desktop as root.  Just don't.  Move to a real
user and then su/sudo to root.

And no, you should not move the /root folder to anywhere else. It
should be on the / partition.

Oh, and remember DO NOT login as root.

Not the /root folder of course, just the /local folder witht all the mail files.

With respect to the not-login-as-root issue, what i would need to move under a
\home\mario folder?  Right now, if I login as a user mario and launch Evolution,
I get everything empty.

m.

P.