Re: [Evolution] Is it possible to move local to an different hd?

On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 16:42 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Fri, 2020-03-06 at 16:29 +0100, mario chiari wrote:
I am running of space on my Linux machine, or better my setting is:

-- The usual Linux filesystem Mounted on / (/dev/sda2),	where Used 142.63 GiB
(95%) / Unused 7.37 GiB (5%)
-- a secondary hd, Mounted on /data (/dev/sdb1), where Used 299.66 GiB (32%) /
Unused 631.85 (68%)

My /root/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/ is about 30GiB.

"root" is wrong.
Do not do that.
Use a normal user account instead.

While that is true, quite a few of the distro installers put home in the root vg unless you do a custom
install. And the rest if you are not paying attention will start out with a root vg and a home vg, but
the act of making changes causes the home vg to disappear.

Yes, I've been bitten many a times thinking I've got separate vgs set up for root and home only to
find out after everything is installed that I only have a root vg.

Is there a way to
move it under /data, and still have Evolution working fine and fast?

You could try to create a symlink and see what might break (or not).
Backups can save your day.

Cheers,
andre
--