Re: [Evolution] BURL in Evolution

On Wed, 2020-06-03 at 16:58 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
That makes sense. Is there any reason the "post to folder" command
was removed from Evo? I remember I used to use it as a way of keeping
notes in my mailbox.

        Hi,
I've a very old Evolution (2.32.3, which starts lightning fast (I guess
also because it doesn't load WebKit and possibly other larger
dependencies with its own dependencies)) and it doesn't let me choose
the Post To value in the composer when creating a new message with an
IMAP account selected as From.

Looking into the code, it seems it was always about NNTP accounts only.
When such had been selected, the Post To was offered, otherwise it was
not. The latest change in the code dates back to 2011/2012 [1], but
even before that it was about NNTP.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/commit/f78795f4dff8b225d7
    Search for "nntp" (quotes for clarity only) in that commit to see
    the places; the red lines are the previous code and green lines
    the new code.