Re: [Evolution] [tentative query] is it possible to subscribe to other people's published outlook calendars

On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 13:50 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
subscribing to other than the default folders is possible, but it's
tricky, because you need an Exchange Web Services folder ID to do
that.
One way, if the other person uses the Evolution as well, is to
right-click the shared calendar in his/her account and pick
"Permissions...". There's the folder ID shown at the top. It can be
selected and copied out. Just make sure you copy the whole text

(it's
lengthy; do not be afraid of the three dots, which are only a

visual
thing).

Hi,

I have obtained the folder ID which looks like it might be a base64
encoding. It's 70 characters long. I'm not sure how to use this though
now.

When I go to "Subscribe to folder of other EWS user..." I can select
the appropriate user in the "User:" field, but if I put the folder ID
in the "Folder name:" field (the only remaining place) undecorated. I
get the following error: "Id is malformed." after a pop-up that
disappears to quickly to be able to read.

The XML that's returned (looking via EWS_DEBUG=2) says essentially the
same thing.

```
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";>;;;;
  <s:Header>
    <h:ServerVersionInfo xmlns:h="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types"; xmlns:xsd="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; MajorVersion="15"
MinorVersion="20" MajorBuildNumber="3239" MinorBuildNumber="18"
Version="V2018_01_08"/>
  </s:Header>
  <s:Body>
    <m:GetFolderResponse xmlns:m="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages";
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns:t="
http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types";>;;;;
      <m:ResponseMessages>
        <m:GetFolderResponseMessage ResponseClass="Error">
          <m:MessageText>Id is malformed.</m:MessageText>
          <m:ResponseCode>ErrorInvalidIdMalformed</m:ResponseCode>
          <m:DescriptiveLinkKey>0</m:DescriptiveLinkKey>
          <m:Folders/>
        </m:GetFolderResponseMessage>
      </m:ResponseMessages>
    </m:GetFolderResponse>
  </s:Body>
</s:Envelope>
```

This is what evolution sent to the server (made human readable):
```
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
                xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";
                xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";
                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";>;
        <SOAP-ENV:Header>
                <types:RequestServerVersion
                        xmlns:types="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types";
Version="Exchange2013"/>
        </SOAP-ENV:Header>
        <SOAP-ENV:Body
                xmlns:messages="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/messages";>;
                <messages:GetFolder xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/services/2006/types";>;
                        <messages:FolderShape>
                                <BaseShape>
                                </BaseShape>
                                <AdditionalProperties>
                                        <FieldURI FieldURI="folder:FolderClass"/>
                                        <FieldURI FieldURI="folder:ParentFolderId"/>
                                </AdditionalProperties>
                        </messages:FolderShape>
                        <messages:FolderIds>
                                <FolderId Id="<70-byte-folder-ID"/>
                        </messages:FolderIds>
                </messages:GetFolder>
        </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
```

Is there something else that I need to do to this ID to get it to be
accepted?

thanks
Dan