Re: [Evolution] Stuck on fetching POP3 mail, how to debug?

On Mon, 2020-07-27 at 20:09 +0200, Martin Wagner wrote:
Thank you, you two, for the hint towards debugging. All I found earlier
was involving bug buddy, which is gnome 2, afaik, and no longer
existing.

On this list we often point people at the debugging procedure - it's in
the builtin help:

Help -> Contents -> Tracking down Problems
                         -> How to track down a problem

There's a link on there to the page:

  https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Debugging

which tells you everything you need to know.

Could you give me a hint, some keyword maybe, to look for in the
logfile? The error hasn't happened today when I executed it with
debugging, but the file has a decent size nevertheless.

The file will be big - the debugging output produces a lot of chatter,
but there's no point looking if it didn't break.  When it does break
you need to look at the last few (hundred or so) lines to see if there
are any errors reported.

I'm also surprised you don't see any output when you run evolution from
the command line - there's usually some warnings.

P.