[Evolution] Maildir account not showing messages

[I posted this to discourse.gnome.org several days ago; but it doesn’t seem to be getting much traction
there.]

I have a Maildir in my home directory that was created and maintained by Dovecot.  I am attempting to use
Evolution’s Maildir account type to show these messages.

When I point this account at “~/Maildir”, I see a top-level folder called “INBOX” with the many subfolders I
would expect.  However, selecting INBOX or any of its subfolders shows no messages.  Instead, there is a
top-level folder called “Inbox”.  This has the messages I would expect to see in “INBOX”; but it has none of
the subfolders. On the filesystem, subfolders beneath “~/Maildir” look like “.INBOX.*”.

Is there a way to configure the Maildir account type to make it useful in this scenario?  I get the
impression that perhaps Evolution needs to be told somehow that the “INBOX” subfolder prefix corresponds to
the top-level Maildir.

--
Braden McDaniel
<braden endoframe com>