Re: [Evolution] Automated backups

On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 08:24 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 11:20 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
is intended to be used only when moving your Evolution data to a new
computer (or a new installation if your home directory is going to be
wiped). It also doesn't backup everything, for example spam filters
and some other stuff (the Help document isn't very specific).

I simply use rsync

nice rsync --exclude tmp --exclude ".cache" \
  --verbose --archive /home/awilliam/ \
  /archive/external/Bestia/Home/

I use rsnapshot, which is a wrapper on rsync that adds some extra
functionality. I use it from a NAS to pull backups via rsyncd, which is
much more efficient than NFS if the backup is on a separate machine (by
"much" I mean an order of magnitude).

poc