Re: [Evolution] Automated backups

On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 12:03 +0100, ard wrote:
There does not appear to be a command line option to call...

        Hi,
there is a command line tool, the GUI (Evolution itself) calls it. It's
in /usr/libexec/evolution/evolution-backup (or some similar place,
depending how your distro packages it).

 ...or is it enough to simply tar

This might be useful:
https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/data-storage.html

When I use the built in command it takes a very long time - up to 10
mins, I know my backups are large - around 1.5G, but a simple tar
takes a lot less time

What is the format of the backup? Is it .tar.xz or .tar.gz? The former
is slower. You can change the destination file extension to .tar.gz,
which will use the other compression method. I think your version has
that too, even though I'm not sure it really has a GUI option to change
the extension/format. It should work regardless of it (even it needs
testing).

        Bye,
        Milan