Re: [Evolution] Query about editing quoted text in Plain Text mode

On Thu, 2020-01-30 at 14:10 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
My current query is:
Is editing of quoted text in the Plain Text mode used?
What do you expect from it?

Yes, as this message, to delete and inline.

I'm thinking of dropping it, instead of rewriting it in JavaScript.
Without it the quote characters would be there, but they will be like
any other text, possible to edit/remove and so on. They would be
switched to 'blockquote' when changing format to HTML and back to
quote character on change to Plain Text mode.

I feel that is just fine; a plain text message is text, I expect and
desire no automagica in that mode.

I do edit quoted text myself, mostly to correct wrapping and to split
the quoted text into parts, under which I write my comments. While
I'm used to manually wrap the text (using Delete/Backspace and Enter
keys), it doesn't scale for long text. Having the Format->Wrap Lines
extended to preserve quote character appropriately on re-wrap, I'd

No... but I'm kinda in the why-are-l-o-n-g-sections quoted camp. :)

use to it sooner or later. I sometimes create my own quoted part just
by adding the quote character at the beginning of the line.

Ditto.

I guess dropping "quote paragraph lines while typing in Plain Text
mode" functionality would not cause any significant harm long term
(habit factor considered), especially when its drop would simplify
the code and other functions a lot (including undo/redo), but I
thought I'll ask for an opinion here too.

Agree.