[Evolution] Evolution 3.30.5-1.1 trashing emails seemingly at random

Evolution apparently is being triggered to Trash (i.e. move to the Trash folder) some of my emails.  If I move them back to the Inbox, they get Trashed again.

My Evolution client (Debian package manager says it is version 3.30.5-1.1) on one Debian 10.7 (fully updated) machine has three accounts open, and it exhibits this behavior on all three accounts. Some email must get matched to something, somehow and get sent to Trash.  I don't see any pattern in particular.  Whatever the bug is in matching what emails to (erroneously) trash, it's repeatable.  If I move them back to Inbox, those and only those emails are almost immediately trashed again.

Since there are many IMAP clients, and I wanted to be sure who to blame, I created special Trash subfolders. The subfolders are named server.client, and the email right away stopped getting sent to Trash and instead started showing up in HADRON.ev (the host name is hadron, and ev for evolution, instead of, e.g. tb for Thunderbird).

I haven't dived into the code, but of course I have gone over my settings.  For one thing, these emails are not getting put in Junk, and I have always had junk filters off anyway.  I don't know of any feature in Evolution that would trash email without being requested.  I don't have any filters on and the 'filter' feature is disabled.   The emails that are getting caught are seemingly very diverse, with no obvious pattern.

Why would Evolution send email to Trash anyway?  Is it possible there is some sort of "duplicate" detection that trashes some of the email?  I'm grasping at straws here.

Can anyone suggest a place to start looking?  Is there a verbose log I can configure?

I should add that this problem has been going on for at least a year or two and likely on several Evolution versions during that time, since I do periodic updates of the system.  I doubt that it's a brief flaw in only the current version.