Re: [Evolution] "Cannot get message", why?

On Wed, 2020-12-02 at 22:47 +0100, Ángel wrote:
I suspect evolution is launching gpg and awaiting for gpg to return
the
result. Maybe gpg is trying to automatically fetch the key from the
keyservers and hanging at that point?

        Hi,
no idea from my side. The only thing one can try:

   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=gpg evolution

and when it's frozen, then

   $ ps ax | grep gpg

and check whether it's running or not. Having evolution waiting on the
gpg response, it'll be shown in the backtrace:

   $ gdb --batch --ex "t a a bt" --pid=`pidof evolution` &>bt.txt

In case you'd like to share it anywhere, check the bt.txt for any
private information, like passwords, email addresses, server
addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at least (quotes for clarity
only).

I do not know whether it's needed here, 3.30.5 is too old (limited
manpower, I'm sorry).

        Bye,
        Milan