Re: [Evolution] Evolution version 3.30.5-1.1 crashing & logging me out of Debian 10.5

On 2020-11-30 at 22:17 -0700, Dennis Taylor wrote:
Hi.
Evolution has recently started crashing and at the same time logging
me out of Debian 10.5. The 2 events always happen together when this
takes place. I can't find a pattern for when this will happen other
then the fact that Evolution is the only linux application running
when this happens. Sometimes I'm simply in the middle of composing or
editing an e-mail and then Evolution crashes and I've been logged out
of the Debian OS. I'd love to know if anyone else has experienced
this and the recommended solution because the nature of this problem
seems to be unpredictable. Thanks!

Hello Dennis

Your description makes me think that rather than evolution, the
crashing program may actually be xorg (the X server). When the X server
crashes, all graphical applications will close as well, including
evolution and your desktop. It would then respawn and let you log in
again, thus the conclusion that you have been logged-out.

I don't know why your xorg would be crashing (a faulty update? issues
with the hardware/drivers?). You should be able to find on dmesg some
lines pointing to the program that failed.

Best regards