Re: [Evolution] Evolution Calendar - Go To Date Behavior

On Mon, 2020-04-20 at 14:53 -0400, AtomicCanine via evolution-list
wrote:
3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.2
Linux Mint 19.3 (Ubuntu 18.04)
Cinnamon 4.4.8

        Hi,
first of all, you stole a thread [1]. It's not enough to change the
subject and the body and expect the message will be new; in other
words, if you want to start a new thread, then do it by creating a new
message, not by reply/forward an old message and change subject and the
body. It can be done by clicking the mailing list address. I believe
Thunderbird (68.7.0) can do it as well.

I have found that, using the 'small' calendar in the lower left area
of the Evo Calendar window, rapidly clicking the forward/back arrows
for either the month or the year will switch the main calendar pane
to 'day' view where it will remain until reset via the selection
along the top.

The changes in the selection are made asynchronously. Going
back/forward can confuse it. There had been done a possibly related
change semi-recently [2], for 3.32.1+. I guess it's what you face, you
might click that quickly that it looked like a double-click for gtk+
and it caused the [2].

        Bye,
        Milan

[1] See that your message is placed below an unrelated thread:
    https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2020-April/thread.html

[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues/286