[Evolution] unable to delete a task that is absent on an EWS server

Hi,

I point evolution at a variety of servers, one of them unfortunately
being a EWS server that is provided by by employer. Recently I created
a task then deleted it for uninteresting reasons.

This task no longer exists on the EWS server, but still shows up in the
tasks presented by evolution. Now here comes the problem; I am unable
to delete this task, with evolution complaining: 'Failed to delete a
task in the task list "<ACCOUNT> : Tasks"' and 'Cannot remove calendar
object: The specified object was not found in the store., The process
failed to get the correct properties.'

Is there a way to purge this task from the tasks the evolution believes
exist but that it cannot identify on the remote store?

I am using evolution/evolution-ews/etc version 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1.

thanks