Re: [Evolution] how to permanently disable evolution-alarm-notify?

On Wed, 2019-10-02 at 09:31 +0200, Martin Monperrus wrote:
In order to have 0 notification in the notification area, I'd like to
permanently disable process
evolution-alarm-notify.

        Hi,
it adds icons there only if there are pending reminders. Once you clear
them all out (by Dismiss All button or Dismiss one by one), then it
removes the icon from the notification are.

By the way, with notification area, do you mean the one with so called
status icons, aka system tray, or those notifications under the
clock/time? I've no idea what desktop environment you use, but for
example GNOME Shell has no system tray, thus it doesn't show the
evolution-alarm-notify status icon anywhere (it was without it, then it
was returned back for a release or two, and now (3.32/3.34) it is not
there again; maybe there's an extension for it, I do not know).

Back to your question: you can remove the application from autostart
after login. Where this setting is depends on your desktop environment.
You cannot permanently disable it, though, because once you run
evolution it ensures the evolution-alarm-notify is running. It's
important part of the user experience and functionality, it notifies
users about upcoming events/meetings/tasks, thus they do not miss them.
Once you remove it you not get any such notifications. If you do not
use the calendaring part, then you should not see it in the system tray
as well (because you've no pending reminders, as stated above).

You can get rid of that file, which will "solve" things temporarily
(until the next update of the package which contains it, which will add
it again). I would not recommend this, though.
        Bye,
        Milan