Re: [Evolution] two calendar entries added when accepting EWS meeting request

On Tue, 2019-11-19 at 10:32 +1030, Dan Kortschak wrote:
Is this a known thing?

The version of Evolution I am using is 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

        Hi,
I'd say yes, it is known. The current stable version is 3.34.1, which
faces similar issue (about recurrence exceptions, caused by the move to
libical-glib/libecal-2.0), but that is fixed in 3.34.2, which will be
released by the end of this week. I mean, it's likely that your issue
is fixed in the latest stable version. I guess so at least, unless you
found some corner case not handled in the code.

You can ask your distribution maintainer to go through changes since
2018-07-30 (that's the date when 3.28.5 had been released), though I'm
afraid picking only the right commits is not doable.

I'd suggest to wait for the 3.34.2 version and then try it for example
in Flatpak version of Evolution from Flathub.org (when that version
will be available there). In case it'll be still wrong, please file a
bug at [1] and provide steps for a reproducer. That might depend on
time zones set in the OWA (Outlook Web Access) and Evolution, thus
mention them as well.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-ews/issues/new