Re: [Evolution] Problems with evo: Error writing data to TLS socket: The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.

On Tue, 2019-03-19 at 06:26 +1300, Steve Edmonds wrote:
in fact some machines that were connecting are having to re-
authenticate.

        Hi,
it can happen for various reasons, like when the account was not logged
in for a long time, thus the refresh token is expired (I do not think
it's your case), or when the used key had some changes on the server
side, then the users need to re-authenticate (it makes sense when for
example you allow access to mail only, then the key adds more parts to
it, but you didn't agree with them before). I think the key maintainer
can also invoke invalidation of all the keys and ask the users to re-
authenticate (neither this I think happened here).

I mean, I do not know why it happened for you, I only know that it can
happen.
        Bye,
        Milan

P.S.: by the way, there is some ongoing effort around the Google
OAuth2, since Google changed their terms of service at the beginning of
this year, as discussed here:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2019-February/msg00028.html
I think their requirement makes sense, it's only impractical in an Open
Source world. I do not want to start any discussion about it here, this
is not the right place for it. I mean this as a pure "by the way".