[Evolution] Text color setting or not

I have a long email that I'm replying via interspersed comments in an alternative color.

Details: Linux Mint 19.1
Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1

After about 10 responses, evolution no longer responses to the color change request. I'm changing the color though the
color change dropdown that appears in the row above the text window. Thoughts aside from upgrading the version Evolution?

Mike

The example:
Answers intersperse in blue