Re: [Evolution] Secret HTML editor !

Hi,

On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 13:34 +0200, sdisemi tin it wrote:
I am using Evolution 3.18.5.2 on Mint.

That's a very old version. My condolences.

It has been a source
of considerable frustration for me that Evolution client composes
HTML,
but there is no way to view and edit directly the html source code,
especially on those occasions where the code "goes to S**t" as they
say.
The other day I was banging away blindly in the message
composition pane and I  held down the control key rather than caps
lock
whilst typing.
I raised my eyes to the screen after a few seconds and,
lo and behold,  an html editor had miraculously appeared !!!

Rather
than my having to tediously repeat 26 combinations of <control> a, b,
etc, can somebody "in the know" let me know what the "secret"
keyboard
shortcut is for opening the html editor ?

I am not aware of anything like that by default.
So indeed, a true "miracle". Halleluja.

And, whilst they are at it,
why not let us long-suffering users of this "complex" piece of
software
have a complete list of all the other "hidden" keyboard shortcuts
which
have other hidden functionalities ?

To remedy your pain and suffer:

For keyboard shortcuts, select "Help 🡒 Contents" and go to "Gettin
g Started 🡒 Keyboard Shortcuts" in recent Evolution versions. If yo
u lack specific existing shortcuts on that help page in a supported
Evolution version (3.32 or newer), then please file a bug report at
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/issues?label_name[]=8.+User+Docs

To use an external editor (HTML or not), select "Help 🡒 Contents", g
o to "Mail Composing > Using an external editor" and follow the steps.

All the best,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net