Re: [Evolution] Autocomplete addresses from address book

[[replying to a private email so others can see]]

On Sat, 2019-12-28 at 01:04 -0800, Van Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 2019-12-27 at 22:57 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Fri, 2019-12-27 at 12:30 -0800, Van Snyder wrote:
I had evolution 2.32.3 on my old computer.  I have 3.30.5-1.1 on my new
computer.

In 2.32.3, when I started typing an address, it offered one (or more)
from my address book that began the same way.

That doesn't happen in 3.30.5-1.1 as it was installed.  I prowled all
over the preferences and couldn't find anything that would turn on that
behavior.

Does it still exist?  If so, how do I turn it on?

Yes, right-click on the addressbook in Contacts and select properties.
There's a tick-box to use that addressbook for autocomplete.

Thanks for the quick answer. A clue under "Edit -> Preferences" would have avoided me pestering the list.

It's also there.  Edit -> Preferences -> Contacts and under the General
tab there's an Autocompletion section with all the address books listed
and you can tick/untick them there. (Well it is for 3.34, don't know
for 3.30, but I don't think it's changed for ages)

You can find information on this in the included documentation: Help ->
Contents -> Contact Management -> Autocompletion of mail recipients or
in Mail Composing -> Autocompletion of mail recipients. The same help
can be found on the net - the first hit for "evolution mail
autocomplete" on Google is to the same answer.

 https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/contacts-autocompletion.html.en

P.