Re: [Evolution] Evolution can't access contacts

On Fri, 2019-04-12 at 03:55 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
wrote:
Downgrading to 3.32.0-1 and providing both versions of
/usr/lib/libicu*
63 and 64, the contacts are available again.

        Hi,
according to [1] evolution-data-server (eds) doesn't build against
ICU 64. Trying to run it against it will lead to runtime errors and
crashes/aborts, I believe. You should see them in some system logs, or
when you run the background processes, or evolution itself, from a
terminal. In other words, I believe the problem is not with the 3.32.1
release, but in ICU 64, which changed API, while eds is not prepared
for it. I need to investigate it to know more. I'll continue on
the [1]. Your option would be to downgrade ICU to 63 and update
evolution* packages to their latest version.
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/issues/102