Re: [Evolution] problem with webdav contact in evolution 3.30.1

On Sun, 2018-10-28 at 08:59 +0100, Rico Zienke via evolution-list
wrote:

the error message in English (using Google's translate):

| This address book could not be opened. This either means that you
| have entered an incorrect address or that the server is not
| reachable.
| Extensive error message: Connection to "default addressbook" failed:
| Backend for source "d53c1d31f8aaf6e72a3ae186c56d0dcb782c43a4" and
| extension "Address Book" can not be found

When I try to add a new one there is no Type WebDAV anymore. There is
only local, LDAP and Google.

Is this an issue on evolution side or is it a build issue on suse
side?

The 3.30.x has renamed WebDAV address book to CardDAV, both in the UI
and in the underlying files. It also means that there should be:

   /usr/lib64/evolution-data-server/addressbook-backends/libebookbackendcarddav.so

(where the actual path can differ in your distribution). I would guess
there failed a migration code, which is supposed to change "webdav"
backend name to "carddav" in the .source files, but as you also miss
the CardDAV in the New Address Book, then there truly can be some
issue(s) with packaging.

If you configured the book within evolution directly, then there can be
found the d53c1d31f8aaf6e72a3ae186c56d0dcb782c43a4.source file in

   ~/.config/evolution/sources/

eventually, if it's part of some collection account, in one of the
subdirectories of:

   ~/.cache/evolution/sources/

It's supposed to have this content (among other lines):

   [Data Source]
   Parent=carddav-stub

   [Address Book]
   BackendName=carddav

Those are the values which tell the address book factory what to use.
There should be also:

   /usr/lib64/evolution/modules/module-book-config-carddav.so

which is used for the UI part of the Evolution. Maybe run evolution
from a terminal and see whether it claims anything there (in a form of
runtime warnings). You can run similarly the address book factory:

   $ /usr/libexec/evolution-addressbook-factory -w

Again, the actual path(s) can differ in your distribution.
Hope it helps.
        Bye,
        Milan