Re: [Evolution] How to change send configuration from sendmail to smtp

Il giorno mer, 14/03/2018 alle 11.38 +0100, Milan Crha ha scritto

But the new account not, thus it'll download the local cache again.
Just what I thought.

There is a manual way to do it, you can edit internal evolution files
and change the backend from "sendmail" to "smtp", then edit the
account
in UI and set the SMTP settings properly. This is untested by me, but
you can try to go to:
   ~/.config/evolution/sources/
search the .source files for one which contains:
   [Mail Transport]
   BackendName=sendmail
and change it to be:
   [Mail Transport]
   BackendName=smtp

I already done it looking config files.
My intention was to write on the list to understand if this is the only
place in which this information is stored.
I can imagine it is.

I can understand not changing the receiver server for cache reason, but
the outgoing method is different.
We have only SMTP or sendmail. I can't imagine problems changing it.

Thankyou for your replay.
Bye
 Ambrogio