Re: [Evolution] Error with Links (Flatpak build)

On Wed, 2018-06-13 at 12:50 -0700, Douglas Summers wrote:
... https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak ...
GDBus.Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop was not provided by any .service
files.

        Hi,
as is written on the page you referenced, Evolution in flatpak runs as
a pure sandbox, which also means that it doesn't talk to local
services. Other flatpak applications do not do that, they even rely on
local services, like for example gnome-contacts or gnome-calendar,
which build against certain version of evolution-data-server, but then
talk to the local service over D-Bus, which means that if you require
any change in the calendar/book backend you won't get it in flatpak
unless you run patched version on the local machine. Evolution is
different and it has such price.

What you'd need is a D-Bus session which would be able to "proxy"
requests to another D-Bus session. It wasn't possible in time when I've
been creating that wiki page and the flatpak build script. Maybe it
changed during the past months (like with the portals), I do not know.
        Bye,
        Milan