[Evolution] Reading email using search folders could be faster

Hi,

(Please CC me, not subscribed)

I'm using Evolution for quite some time with two accounts ( EWS, IMAP
) and a couple of search folders. One of them holds all the unread
email threads except a couple of folders. All the folders included in
there are set to have their emails downloaded for offline use.

Whenever I switch to a search folder and select an email ( which
should already be downloaded offline ) it lags for a couple of
seconds. In the status bar I see both 'Retrieving message XYZ...' and
'Refreshing folder Search Folders: Unread....'.

Until the folder refresh is done, the message is not displayed, even
though it's available offline. Accessing the same messages using the
'pyhsical' folder linked to the accout is very fast. So it looks to me
like reading emali through search folders is needlessly slow.

I would welcome any suggestions on how to make my workflow faster, and
I can file a bug report if needed.

Thanks,

Robert

--