Re: [Evolution] How to undo an incorrect image display response and why do certain emails not show all content?

On Fri, 2018-06-01 at 12:02 +0000, Siv wrote:
I most definitely do intend to pay attention to your comments as I mentioned in earlier posts I am new to
Linux\Evolution email and also have never responded to a mailing list before, so am not 100% clear how it
all works!  Also I was not clear whether email was the correct tool. My reason in posting previously was to
find out if you guys who are more experienced were using some form of web based tool or application to make
responding to the list a little easier. I have since updated my preferences at the list site and have
turned off the digest as this was confusing the hell out of me and probably why I missed something you
said, as my emails were full of text of other messages.  I am now receiving single items.

So basically apologies for being a noob!

That's fine, we all had to learn some time. It's just that for some of
us that time was so long ago we tend to forget it. In any case, let me
reiterate (as stated by Pete):

- Don't top-post on the list.

- Do trim your messages to remove unnecessary material. This includes
the standard footer lines which we've all seen a gazillion times. In
Evolution this is extremely easy to do "right": just select the
specific part of the message you want to comment on before hitting
Reply. Lo and Behold, the text you selected is automatically quoted and
everything else disappears. It's almost as if someone actually designed
it that way :-)

- Don't post in HTML unless there's a real reason for it (hint: on this
list there is never a real reason for it).

Cheers

poc