[Evolution] Import of S-Mime Certificate provides no response and does not import

Hello,

I have been trying to import a certificate into Evolution 3.18.5.2. After following the import steps, selecting import on the Certificates section of Preferences, specifying NSS DB password and specifying Certificate password, the operation ceases with no feedback.

Pulling down the source code for version 3.18.5.2 and examining the file evolution-3.18.5.2/smime/gui/certificate-manager.c around line 992 exposes the likely reason for the import failure with no indication of failure.

Lines 980 through 1008 select the proper import operation based on the certificate type, perform the selected import operation and report any errors that occur. Line 992 circumvents the error reporting by doing a return if the certificate type is unknown.

The user experience may be better if error were set to indicate an unsupported certificate type and the error reported.

At this time I suspect that my certificate type is not supported by evolution, but with no error report, that is only speculation.

Best regards,
Peter