Re: [Evolution] Calendar update

On Sat, 2018-01-06 at 20:49 +0000, Hans-Christoph Paul wrote:

SUSE 12.3, Gnome, Evolution 3.22.6

In general, it does not syncronise towards evolution from Exchange
2010.
The problem came up when changing from SLED / SLES 12.2 to 12.3.

        Hi,
I'm sorry, I do not know what SLED/SLES means. Did they update also any
evolution package during that 12.2 ~> 12.3 update?

Anyway, the issue sounds known, but I cannot find anything directly
related to it. The easiest to see what evolution-ews does is to run the
calendar factory with EWS debugging on. It can be done by invoking the
following command from a terminal (actual path can differ in your
distribution):

   $ EWS_DEBUG=2 /usr/libexec/evolution-calendar-factory -w &>log.txt

After that wait few seconds and then run evolution and try to repeat
the issue from the beginning (create an event on the server, then call
refresh to see it in the view). You can force refresh by selecting an
EWS calendar, then right-click it and choose "Refresh" from the context
menu. Added output to the log from this time will be the most
interesting. Please note that the log contains raw communication
between the client and the server, thus it's not suitable for public
sharing without sanitizing anything private in it.

Do you use "Listen for server change notification" setting? It also
influences the refresh behavior. And what about the event itself, is it
a simple event, or a complex one, like recurring? Can the timezone be
different, thus it's shown in a wrong date/time? And when you create an
event with a unique text in the Summary and then try to search for it
in ~/.cache/evolution/calendar/ after successful refresh of the
calendar where it had been created, will that text/event be found
there?

Trying with the most latest stable version, which is 3.26.x (the 3.26.4
had been released today), would be appreciated, because 3.22.6 is
rather old and obsolete now, but I understand that it's not usually
doable when the distribution itself doesn't provide it and installing a
virtual machine with other distro is time and bandwidth/space
consuming, similarly as building the Flatpak version [1] (there is no
prebuilt version available, unfortunately).

        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak