Re: [Evolution] V3.27.91 crash

On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 10:10 +0800, John Edward Serink wrote:
Just opened and email and tried to click the respond key and the
whole works crashed down in a heap.

        Hi,
such things are better to deal with in bugzilla [1]. I can respond to
meeting invitations with no problem (I did that several times just
yesterday). The information you provided is not much useful. Crashes
require also backtraces, and to have them usable, you might install
debuginfo packages (or compile with debug symbols). In case you are
able to reproduce this reliably, please run evolution under gdb and
capture the backtrace of the crash. You can use command like this:
   $ gdb evolution --ex r
and when the crash happens, run this gdb commands:
   (gdb) bt
   (gdb) t a a bt
then quit gdb with:
   (gdb) quit
The output of these gdb commands will show the place of the crash, but
couple lines before the crash are also important, because there can be
runtime warnings preceding the crash itself. Please check the output
for any private information, like passwords, email address, server
addresses,... I usually search for "pass" at least (quotes for clarity
only).

I'd really continue with this in bugzilla, if you've an account there.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan

[1] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution