Re: [Evolution] problem with attached files

Thx,

My version is 3.10.4 under Linux
I don't have this option anywhere to limit the number of connections to server

Le jeudi 22 février 2018 à 09:10 +0000, Pete Biggs a écrit :
Please, always say what version of Evolution you are using.

> I have installed Evolution to retrieve Emails from yahoo mail
> accounts (2)

Yahoo :-(

> Servers are set to Imap protocol
>
> When I receive an email with an attached file, it takes a very long
> time to retrieve the whole message (10 minutes or more)
> Could you help me to solve this problem ?

Yahoo is known to not play nicely with everything. I seem to remember
the underlying issue is that they are very aggressive at throttling
connections they perceive as using too many resources. I think you
might see an improvement if you only use 1 connection per account. So
go to Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Account -> [select account] -> Edit
-> Receiving Options and reduce the "Number of concurrent connections"
to 1.

P.