[Evolution] Accessing Exchange (ews) through a proxy (ssh/socks5)

Running Evolution 3.30.3 on Fedora 29, default version that the repos
provide.

I can access my work's OWA via a browser over the ssh-provided SOCKS5
proxy, but Evolution does not seem to want to allow me access to EWS.
I'm using the same info that is working on my Outlook install, which
does work across this proxy.

I've tried setting the proxy info in Evolution, I've tried setting it in
KDE and telling Evolution to defer to desktop settings.

If, for reasons, the proxy stuff will only work under Gnome, I suppose I
can give that route try as well.

Different settings have given me different errors, sometimes it can't
look up the hostname of the the mailserver, but most of the time I get
'Could not connect: Socket I/O timed out'

I've got the following evolution related bits installed:

$ rpm -qa | grep evolution
evolution-data-server-3.30.3-1.fc29.x86_64
evolution-ews-langpacks-3.30.3-1.fc29.noarch
evolution-langpacks-3.30.3-1.fc29.noarch
evolution-data-server-langpacks-3.30.3-1.fc29.noarch
evolution-pst-3.30.3-1.fc29.x86_64
evolution-ews-3.30.3-1.fc29.x86_64
evolution-3.30.3-1.fc29.x86_64

--