Re: [Evolution] Evolution won't work with comcast.

        Hi,

On Sat, 2018-12-08 at 21:15 +0000, John Thomas Bakkila via evolution-
list wrote:
So...evolution doesn't work with all email clients...

heh, strong words (+ poc's complaint).

Anyway, using Evolution 3.30.x, not 3.28.x or lower, when I try to
create a new Mail account for user comcast net address and let it
lookup for the settings I'm greeted with IMAP settings prefilled with
imap.comcast.net on port 993 and TLS on and SMTP settings prefilled
with smtp.comcast.net on port 587 and STARTTLS on (it requires to tick
Requires authentication in 3.30.2, which is fixed in the current
development version at least). These settings reflect the settings I
see as the first result of "comcast email settings" search term used on
Google site, except of the old page says "SSL", not "TLS" (and the SMTP
is set to STARTLS instead of TLS, but the server advertises it can cope
with STARTTLS, thus it should not be a problem). I agree it can be
confusing for people not being techy, but believe me the TLS is what
you want, not SSL.

Did you even try to use TLS or STARTTLS for IMAP in Evolution, or you
just expect Evolution to fail with either of them? If it fails, what is
the error message you receive, please?
        Bye,
        Milan