Re: [Evolution] LDAP Integration

On Mon, 2018-11-26 at 00:14 -0200, Eduardo Sena Souza Rosa wrote:
As a current Thunderbird user, I'm trying to move to Evolution, but
I'm stuck with a problem that even after some heavy googling I wasn't
able to figure out by myself: Is it possible to change the mapping
between the Address Book fields and the ones coming from LDAP?

See LDAP105 @ http://www.wmmi.net/documents/LDAP105.pdf which contains
an attribute map for both Evolution and Thunderbird.

Using LDAP as a contact backend is not a real cross-platform solution,
it was never really desgined for that, and many software developers -
either not being System or Network Administrations or simply not
disposed to read the quite opaque documentation - did not implement
clients in a consistent way.  LDAP was a promising solution for a
little while, way back in the day, but the world moved on the
WebDAV/CardDAV/vCard.  If you want to share contact information I
recommend looking into a server solution which supports CardDAV.
--
Executive Committee Vice-Chair
Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers