Re: [Evolution] Authorization at Google in Evolution 3.28.1-2

On Wed, 2018-08-29 at 09:52 -0500, Steve via evolution-list wrote:
I am running Evolution 3.28.1-2 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, kernel: 4.15.0-
33-generic.
I have my system level IMAP google account and my older POP gmail
account. Both should actually be the same account.
POP updates, but IMAP continuously fails with "ailed to authenticate:
Data source “stephen gwynn gmail com” does not support OAuth 2.0
authentication"

Any suggestions?

It is recommended to set up Gmail IMAP as an online account in GNOME.
Please refer to the GNOME Desktop Help for more information:
https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/accounts
After doing so, the Gmail account will be listed in Evolution.

As an alternative to setting up an online account in GNOME, allow
access for less secure apps in your Gmail account settings:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net