Re: [Evolution] Selecting Topics

On Mon, 2018-08-20 at 20:06 -0700, Mr. J wrote:
No offense to others, but please tell me how to define a topic
category.

Hi,

you could do this, in the same way you could switch from "English (USA)"
to another language, just chose one of "no topics".

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node29.html

This is how it does look like, if topics are "configured by the list
administrator":

https://wiki.onap.org/download/attachments/8226464/mailman-screenshot-3.jpeg?version=1&modificationDate=1498504523000&api=v2

It would make no sense, if the list administrator configures topics such
as "evolution" and "evolution-ews". Let's ignore, if it would be useful
or not useful to have a choice to select what we want to receive, resp.
let's assume it would be very useful, if we could chose a topic. If so,
it still wouldn't make sense, because there's a pitfall.

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-member/node30.html

On mailing lists, such as the Evolution mailing list, many subscribers
would post incorrectly.

Btw. if you would expect that you could chose "Deleting Messages",
"Having trouble building on Ubuntu 18.04", "Frustrating Calender
Problem" etc. you are on the wrong track, it only could be raw
categories such as "evolution" and "evolution-ews".

Regards,
Ralf