Re: [Evolution] Messages not being marked as READ

On Fri, 2018-08-17 at 09:44 -0400, James Finnall wrote:
Hello All,

Using Evolution 3.18.5.2 on Ubuntu 16.04.  I have Evolution set to mark
messages as read when I view them in the preview window.  I have been
receiving some mail messages for awhile that do NOT mark as read
automatically like most of my mail messages do.  Sort of irritating
that I have to either double click and open in a separate window or
right click and "Mark as Read" to clear the setting.  Even if I click
and drag the message to the desired folder, it still reports as Unread
until I change it manually.

Since this only happens to mail messages from certain senders it would
appear to be something the sender is setting in the mail message.  Is
there anyway I can over ride this behavior and ignore the senders
setting?

Is there any difference in account types (IMAP, POP, Exchange etc.)
between those that work and those that don't?

Note that version 3.18 is several years old at this point.

poc