Re: [Evolution] Mail server doesn't show up

Gesendet: Montag, 09. Juli 2018 um 09:14 Uhr
Von: "Van Snyder" <van snyder sbcglobal net>
An: evolution-list gnome org
Betreff: Re: [Evolution] Mail server doesn't show up
(...)
the POP3 version when I switched to Linux. Particularly as the
filtering idea sounds a bit complex.

and no need to do it while using IMAP - my two cents ...

I don't know what the newest version does.  I hope it either offers a
menu or radio button, or maybe a "query servers for server types"
button.

If a service offers both imap and pop protocols, it seems to me that
imap is definitely to be preferred.

Could be a good idea, when your provider has setup one address, that can do both - or even EWS or any other
protocol stack.
But mine has POP.SERVER.DE and IMAP.SERVER.DE - and I guess, I'll not get happy with asking the POP for an
IMAP setup ?-:|
So we'd better read some instructions before setting up our accounts ?

Best,
Thomas