Re: [Evolution] command toolbar

On Thu, 2018-04-12 at 15:39 -0700, Robert Sterler wrote:
I would like to modify the command toolbar. I would like to add
commands and have them represented with an icon. Is this possible?

        Hi,
yes, it is possible. The menu and toolbar definitions are stored in
   /usr/share/evolution/ui/
like the evolution-shell.ui, evolution-mail.ui and so on. Some .ui
files there are for dialogs, not for the windows/views.

Depending on your version, you can copy the file you want to change to
   ~/.config/evolution/ui/
and make the changes there, which will make those changes survive
evolution updates (in contrast to changing the files in /usr/..., where
the package update overwrites old .ui files). There is some versioning
involved, thus when the evolution update brings higher version number
than which you've set in the ~/.config file, then your changes are
ignored and the evolution terminal contains a warning about that.
        Bye,
        Milan