[Evolution] EWS Contact list error handling

In my work environment I found that in my contact list on the Exchange server some contacts were always missing in Evolution and a message saying that no contacts were found was displayed.

Since the contact list is not empty, but just the opposite rather big, I tried to track down the error by creating a custom contact list on the server and copying chunks of the original contact list to it. The problem in my case was caused by some contact groups in that list, so that whenever they were copied to my custom list that error would occur and - even worse - no further contacts would be read.

For now I have solved that by determining the "bad" contact groups, not copying them to my custom list and making that list my default. This is of course not optimal since that list will soon be outdated.

What I observed hints at some problem with error handling, since as mentioned above after an error occurs with one contact no further contacts are read.

Cheers,

Martin