Re: [Evolution] Show-Hide Evolution Menu Bar

On Wed, 2017-10-25 at 18:49 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 2017-10-25 at 18:47 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
$ gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.evolution | grep version
org.gnome.evolution version '3.26.1'

        Hi,
  $ evolution --version
is more accurate. The value in gsettings only shows which evolution had
been running the last time. Thus for example after update, before you
run the updated evolution, it'll show the old version.

Yes Alt+V and then continuing with the mouse works, too, I just
wasn't aware of it.

PS: Just pushing Alt doe not work, first it's required to open the
menu by pushing V, before the mouse could be used.

There are some differences between desktop environments. Even I replied
to your mail (thought it's an addition to your answer), then my 'you'
meant the thread initiator.

At least under MATE:
a) hold left-Alt for two+ seconds - menu bar shows up
b) release the Alt key - menu stays up for a second or so, then hides
c) if you manage to click into the menu with a mouse during the hide
   period, then it can be used. The other hot keys, being it Alt+F,
   Alt+E, Alt+V, ... (actual letter depends on the translation too)
   is supposed to keep the menu opened.

Some quirks had been added to have this better working under other
desktop environments, notably under GNOME Shell (like the delay to hide
the menu after Alt is released and nothing in the menu is selected).

Yes, this is kind of magic. Though the idea isn't that different from
web browsers like Firefox, where you can also show the menu bar when
you hold Alt key for little time (supposing you hide the menu there).
        Bye,
        Milan